Monday 1 February 2016

See Why Chelsea Does Not Want To Renew John Terry Contract

Chelsea Football Club of England Captain, John Terry has said it will be a sad thing to him if he does not end his hang his boot at the club he started his football career.

John was recruited into the first team from the academy. He joined the club at the age of fourteen, and despite so, the club are yet to open talks with the long serving captain on the possibility of giving him a new contract.

“Ideally, I would have loved to stay, but the club’s moving in a different direction“I couldn’t play for another Premier League club,” said Terry.

“It will be elsewhere for sure. I feel as though I’m in great nick, I’m playing great and I’ve got a couple of years to go.“The club will move on. No player is ever bigger than the club. No doubt they’ll sign one or two great centre-backs.”

He continued: “They said that when the new manager comes in, things might change.“It’s not going to be a fairytale ending. I’m not going to retireat Chelsea, which it took me a couple of days to get over.”

But, the club has released a statement stating  that though nothing is on offer to one of the oldest serving defender of the club, however, things could change in the next couple of weeks.

According to the statement, " He is a fantastic servant of Chelsea Football Club and a superb captain and, as such, the club will keep the channels of dialogue open. “While no new deal currently on the table, that situation could change in the coming months."

No comments: