Wednesday 23 March 2016

See the player Zlatan ended his National career in ten minutes

Stoke City defender, Ryan Shawcross has explained  how Zlatan Ibramovich ended his England career in just ten minutes.

“I’m the butt of the joke in my family, just because the 10 minutes I had in international football was ruined by one man. They are consistently saying that Zlatan ruined my career! I had a chance and I don’t think many other defenders have stopped him.He said:“I was given 10 minutes to show what I could do and probably didn’t provide a good enough performance. I was against one of the best strikers in the world who was on a hot streak at the time and these things happen.”

Shawcross continued:  “I’ve been playing well for the last three or four years and I don’t seem to be getting in so I can’t see it changing in the future unless the manager changes. It’s just the way football is, some managers like players that others don’t. At the moment it’s either that he doesn't think I’m up to it or the lads he’s picking are better than me. That’s fine.

“Is that unfair? Yes, but it’s a ruthless game. You do find that the lads who move to the bigger clubs get more recognition. They play in Europe and there’s a lot more prestige around them. But my performances on the pitch for Stoke have been good enough to get in the England team and so far the call hasn’t come.”

No comments: